Maeve Visser Knoth: Books for a Third-Grader

Guest Book - Please let me know who you are or ask a question (Click here)!

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Books for a Third-Grader

A friend's third-grade daughter refuses to read anything except pulp series books. The mother asked me for some recommendations, so I sent this email to her daughter.

Dear Kaitlin,

I just reserved four books for you. They will arrive at the City Library in a couple of days. Each of the books is part of a series so if you are interested in any of them, you can find at least a couple more books about those same characters. Here are the books you can look forward to finding:

The Cat Who Got Carried Away
This is a crazy mystery about a cat who disappears, a strange substitute teacher and twins who have to solve everything.

Sideways Stories From Wayside School
Have you already read this one? This is a book about a school that is 39 stories high (one story for each classroom) so when the recess bell rings the kids on the top floor start walking down the stairs but they never make it to the yard...the bell rings for them to go back to class before they are down.

Elisa, Bigger and Better
I have read a lot of the books abour Elisa and her brother Russell, but I haven't read this one. Please tell me about it. I thought you might like it because you have a good sense of humor and you have a brother too.

Amelia, Write On!
A very spunky girl (like you!) gets a journal for her birthday and tells the story of her life.

Have fun with these stories.

Maeve

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Maeve--great suggestions! Now my public school library and I could use more. We need to boost our 2nd-4th grade collection, but have a limited budget. Are there recently published must-haves you can recommend?

10/05/2006 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home